June 27, 2003
Translation: FTAA Secretariat
FTAA - CONSULTATIVE GROUP ON
Puebla, 16 – 17 June, 2003
- The Twenty-First Meeting of the Consultative Group on Smaller Economies
(CGSE) was held in Puebla, Mexico, on 16 and 17 June 2003. In attendance
were delegates from the following countries: Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia,
Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El
Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, the
United States, and Venezuela.
- The CGSE adopted the approved
agenda, which is attached hereto.
- Pursuant to the mandate handed down by the TNC, the CGSE agreed on an
Action Plan for convening roundtable meetings to discuss mechanisms for the
financing and implementation of the Hemispheric Cooperation Plan. The first
of these meetings will be held in Puebla, Mexico, during the month of
October, in the framework of the CGSE. The results of this meeting will be
presented during the Miami Ministerial Meeting.
- The CGSE welcomed the status of the National Strategies to Strengthen
Trade-Related Capacities of FTAA Countries.
- The CGSE received the Chair of the Negotiating Group on Competition
Policy, who presented a report on that Group’s treatment of differences in
the levels of development and sizes of economies.
- The Twenty-Second Meeting of the CGSE will be held in Puebla, Mexico,
on 3, 4, and 5 September 2003.
FTAA - CONSULTATIVE GROUP
ON SMALLER ECONOMIES
Puebla, Mexico, 16 – 17 June, 2003
- Approval of the agenda
- Follow-up on the implementation of the Hemispheric Cooperation Program
Action Plan for meetings of the CGSE with officials of HCP financing
Report on Subregional Seminars under the responsibility of cooperating
Status of the formulation of pending strategies
Follow-up on the implementation of immediate technical assistance needs,
including the revision of the updated matrix of project profiles
Trade-related technical assistance database, in light of national strategies
- Follow-up on the treatment of differences in levels of development and
sizes of economies
Individual reports from negotiating group chairs
- Follow-up on the implementation of Business Facilitation Measures
- Contributions from Civil Society
- Other business